Monday, May 16, 2011

Tears for Bunnies

Eunice caught a baby bunny today. Or rather a baby bunny ran into Eunice's lap. Let's face it, Eunice probably couldn't catch a bunny if her life depended on it. But today she was in the right place at the very wrong time for this poor little bunny. I screamed and she dropped it. Bless her heart she was just doing what God made her to do.

We ran inside where I commenced to sob uncontrollably. I have this thing where I can't handle trauma when it includes animals. Am I over sensitive? Did I receive two of the "be kind to animal" genes? I don't know. All I know it my heart aches for furry friends. Lucky for me my dad moved to town last fall and being the great guy that he is, he dropped everything to come to mine and the bunny's rescue while I sit sobbing in the living room. God bless my dad. Despite all the rough times we had and the harsh words I've said, he still comes to my side at the drop of a hat. All I have to do is say the words. I don't know how people who don't live by loved ones survive. I'm secretly (or not so secretly) plotting to drive the rest of my family into closer proximity.

I'm growing up and getting wiser but baby bunnies will always make me cry like a baby. It's just who I am. and I'm not planning on changing anytime soon. For now I'll be thankful for those who are stronger than I am and willing to come to my aide, judgement aside. Thanks Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment