Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Scoutie!

Today is Scout's "birthday." 4 years ago today I brought home a skinny, scared little doggie from Iowa. He was about one then which makes him about five today!!! Scout was rescued from a shelter who was going to euanize him because he was so afraid. How did he get so afraid you ask? We'll never know for sure but there are definite horrors in his past. He's afraid of all people, especially men.



But that's the past. Today he is much habilitated. He still likes to hide when strange people come over but I've never seen him so happy. He makes my heart melt. I've had him longer than Eunice but he definitely takes the back seat to his boldozer sister. She gets all up in your face with her " pet me pet me" attitude and it's easy to let scootie slide to the background. I have to carve out special, scout only time. Our favorite time together is nap time. Unlike Eunice, scout would and will nap all day if you let him. He likes to snuggle. Don't judge.



Scout has the ability to make all the worries fade away. He looks at me with his ears all perked up and suddenly he's the only thing that matters. He talks to me in the morning and he sings in the car. He snorkles in his water bowl and he loves to splash in the kiddie pool. He's quirky and he's sweet. I wouldn't trade him for a thing.


So happy adoptive birthday buddy, here is to the next five :)

No comments:

Post a Comment