Friday, December 9, 2011

Euns Turns "Two"

The thing about rescuing dogs is that you never really know how old they are. When I adopted Eunice they told me she had been a stray and was somewhere between 5-8 years old. She must have been a stray for like five minutes because she can't stand to be away from human touch for two seconds while I go pee.

Anyways, two years ago yesterday Scout and I made one of the best decisions of our lives. Scout begged and begged for a sister. Actually, I had no intention of acutally adopting another dog, I just went to fill out a "foster a dog for the holidays" application. They really lay the guilt on you at those shelters. Poor sad doggies alone in a cage for Christmas...... Welp when I got there it was dark and cold and Eunice was sitting and shaking alone in an outdoor run. She was the only dog not barking at me when I pulled up. The rest was history.

Birthday Bone

When I went to pick her up the following week she tried to sit on my lap on the way home. It was the first night in our new house and our first night with our Eunice. Her name at the shelter was Eunice and she knew it because she'd been there so long. It suits her perfectly so we didn't change it.

Scout giving Eunice her birthday lovin

So yesterday she turned somewhere between 7-10. She's still got a lot of pep in her step and hairs to turn grey and we hope she will be around for many more years to come. We love you Big Mamma.

1 comment: