Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Celebrating Sally

I know what you're thinking, two posts in one day. I have a lot to say okay? I've been busy. Just a mere three days after returning from my Thanksgiving adventure I traveled back to Big Sky Country to say goodbye and celebrate the life of my dear Grandma Sally.


This was a momentous event, the first time (ever??) that the entire family was together in the same room, almost all on speaking terms.


The weather was a tad chilly but it couldn't have been more beautiful. 

And so we gathered from all corners of the country to reflect, reminisce, laugh and cry together as we remember the legacy that Sally has left for all those who knew her. It was a time I will cherish for years to come. 





Unsure on this one....

We also had the opportunity to celebrate my grandpa Wally's 80th birthday. I sure hope I've inherited this man's ability to age gracefully. I swear, he looks the same as he did when I met him twenty years ago. 


And last but not least, behold Clark, the newest addition to our family. Pure mush. 



My mom's desperate expression as she repeatedly demanded from my sister and I, 
"Get me one of these!" Whoa grandma, un-bug your eyes and settle down. 

When I do have a child, I will do my best to raise it as Sally raised her six children, bug eyes and all. I'll be seeing you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment