Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Now is the Time to Live Your Ideal Life

I'm pretty sure I stole this from a quotable card. But it's true. So lately I've been asking myself, "What is my ideal life?"

This is what I've come up with in no particular order:

I love my job. Some days are harder than others (for example yesterday it literally rained babies on us), but generally I love it. I think I'd love it most though, if I got to do it because I WANT to, not because I have to work. So ideally I'd like to work part time.

I'd like a family. A husband who comes home for dinner and who would rather play ball with his kids than drink beer and watch football. Does this man exist? TBD. And the children, yet to be determined where they will originate from (enter Blind Sided ) but a few little ones nonetheless.

I'd like a garden. I love being outside. I like to pull weeds. Insert name calling here, don't be a hater. I'd like a vegetable garden with zucchini and pumpkins and watermelon. And chickens.

I'd like to have my dog rescue. I haven't decided yet whether or not it's going to be best to donate my time and resources to an existing organization or create one from scratch. All I know is that someone has got to help the four legged. Come on guys, paws can't dial.

I want to be a super sewer. I want to upholster furniture and make curtains and Halloween costumes for my kids. Not clothes, I don't do clothes. Okay maybe some cute baby clothes but I will continue to purchase my clothes at Target. Wandering JoAnn fabrics today seeing all those beautiful fabrics and patterns, glorious.

I want to decorate cakes. And cupcakes. Yum, need I say more? And I'd really like to cook homemade meals more, it's too hard to cook for one person right now.

I'd like to work harder at taking more pictures. I always love the end result, why don't I do it more?

Okay...is that too much for one lifetime? Maybe I'm just looking for a creative outlet in addition to saving the babies, underprivileged children and puppies. Whatever, I'm super woman, I can do it all.

Where to do all this? Undecided on this, I'm thinking somewhere where there is no humidity, and perhaps mountains and maybe some water. Washington? Maybe.... I do want to be by my family though, home is where your mother is.

So my challenge for you is, what is your ideal life? Are you living it? Why the hell not? What are you waiting for?? GET GOING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment