Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pianos Make Me Swoon

Howdy bloggers.....

So last night I was driving home from work jammin to the radio per the usu when I heard an advertisement for free Gavin DeGraw concert that started in 30 minutes!!

I thought to myself for a second, man wouldn't it be nice to be one of those spontaneous people who can just up and decide to go out last minute and find a gaggle of friends to go with?? Pause as I ponder this. Then realization. I CAN be one of those people. Okay, not regularly because it's exhausting. But for one night I decided that I would not mope around the house after work on this Friday night until my 9:00pm bedtime. Instead, I dialed my three most favorite people in the KC Metro and found an accomplice. So off we went, spur of the moment like, to Power and Light.

There are several reasons why I don't make a habit of frequenting Power and Light and I was reminded of all of them last night. The list mostly includes drunk girls in four inch heels and dresses so short that I'm pretty sure if they bent over you'd see their lady parts. Maybe that's what they were aiming for. Add that to lots of cigarette smoke and awkward middle aged drunk men and you have my worst nightmare.

But last night was different. I didn't mind the smoke as much, laughed at the sorry drunk guy and felt pity instead of intimidation for those heels. Overall it was a great time. Great company, great people watching and great music.
Behold. 


I love free fun. 

PS. Any man that can play a musical instrument makes my heart skip a beat. Especially a piano. Something about watching a man pound those ivory keys makes me swoon. Or maybe its less about the man and more about the piano. Note to self, get back on the "reteach myself  to play the piano" bandwagon. 

Anyways, I'll leave you with something lovely. A warm fuzzy of sorts that I got in the mail today from someone I love very much. 

"Oh, that i could shrink the surface of the world,
so that suddenly i might find you standing
at my side."
(wang chien)

I heart quotable cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment