Friday, July 8, 2011

Fresh Air

Cliques. They're everywhere. It seems as of late, however, that they are particularly thick at work these days. It makes it difficult to penetrate the social network for an outsider like myself. I'm not even sure I want to penetrate.

Today, though, something glorious happened. Fresh air. I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with two seperate but wonderful people. Being with people like that allows me to take a breath of fresh air and remember that there are those that I can call my friends. No pretending, no holding back required. For these people I am grateful.

Of course on my way home from middle of nowhere country land I spotted these babies on the side of the road screaming for a rescue.




Okay, they were eating plastic and ran away from me at first but I lured them into my car with dog food. Within an hour their family was picking them up giving some lame excuse on how they got out and how it happens all the time. Don't they know this is unacceptable? Just because you live in the country does not mean you can just let you dogs run down the middle of the road. That's a soap box for another day. Another day, another life saved. Remember, paws can't dial.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't hang out with me today, but that doesn't mean I don't want to! Let's make Harry Potter plans, but the way.

    ReplyDelete