Sunday, January 1, 2012

For Auld Lang Syne

Happy 2012. It's a new year. Alas I did not win the powerball last night, I guess it will be a new year without millions of dollars. For now. It's a long year, a lot could happen.

Is it lame that I'd rather be in bed with my labbies watching the live Coldplay concert at midnight instead of in the rain with a bunch of drunkos out a hundred bucks? Oh well, I don't think it's lame and that's exactly what we did. And since I had no hangover to recover from this morning I made it to the early service at church and spent the day walking the dogs and putting away Christmas decorations, which by the way seem to have been up for only five minutes.

Now I'm sitting on the couch with my second cup of hot chocolate watching one of my favorite movies, "My Best Friend's Wedding," which is making me homesick for Chicago.

I shall make no resolution except one. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a little obsessed with finding the right guy. I've done everything I can do from online dating to trying to pick up people at work and blind dating up the wazoo. So my resolution this year is to give it up to God. I'm lifting the weight off of my shoulders and admitting I have no control.

I will still try to continue to do my part of leaving my house and making myself available. The rest is out of my hands.

So cheers to a new year, new attitudes and hopes for the best year yet. I intend to surround myself with those I love, two legged and four, and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. that is a great resolution. it will happen. you can't control when. :)

    ReplyDelete