Friday, January 6, 2012

Lord Give Me Strength

I've been slacking lately in my volunteering. I don't know why but it's so easy to talk myself out of it. That's a lie, I do know why. Two reasons really. One is my two black labbies staring at me out the window as I drive away wondering why I'm not staying to play with them.

And two, my heart breaks when I'm there. It didn't use to affect me as much in the beginning. Today, after I walked a sweet little dog named Chloe who had been abandoned at the gates of the shelter I sat in my car and cried, praying to the Lord, "Please give me strength."

What good am I doing? What more can I do? They look at me with these eyes, all full of hope and joy that I will take them and then all full of pain and sadness when I return them to their kennel. There must be a bigger purpose for me and this pain I feel for them. There must be more for me in this plight than short 20 minute walks.

I'm waiting God, "who takes hold of my right hand and says, 'Do not fear, I will help you."'

Help me make a bigger difference for all the starfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment