Saturday, November 19, 2011

Church it Is

My fate came down to a coin toss. I tied for the weekend position at work with one of my favorite coworkers and apparently the most professional way to decide was to flip a coin. Coins hate me, so of course I lost. Congratulations to Therese though!

Everyone keeps telling me that it's meant to be, that I'm going to meet someone and require my weekends to be available for courting. Ha. Well until that happens, I will be attending church. It's all apart of God's plan.

We will still be eating Ramen black labbies. And I most likely will not be able to go to Africa like I had hoped this spring. (for a nursing mission type thing with some ladies at work.) But, it's all apart of God's plan.

In the meantime, work has gotten a little hairy. Our census is unseasonably low and falling swiftly. No more sick babies = good for the babies but bad for the nurses who's livelihoods depend on them. Everyone is applying for other jobs just in case we don't come out of the slump. Myself included in this, I'll keep you posted on my progress.....

Thanksgiving is next week and soon winter will be here. The trees are bare and the house is cold. Normally I would be looking forward to the holidays but as I have to work Christmas this year, it just doesn't feel the same. In a blink it will be over and we will be staring at March...watching a waiting for the first sign of my spring tulips.

So here is to worship, may it bring to me these next six months all that I seek in community, companionship and direction.

1 comment:

  1. it's going to be a good new year...i can feel it. :)
    will i see you at redeemer?

    jami

    ReplyDelete