Monday, November 7, 2011

To Church or Not to Church

I've been church shopping. "But Rachel," you say, "You've lived here for 2 years, what is taking you so long to find a church?" Okay peeps, I'm a slacker. I've been unmotivated and plus I slept the first year I was here. No joke. But now it's time. I've decided I need a spiritual family. And somewhere other to go than work and the dog park.

So I've been searching for the right fit. It's taking forever because I only have like one free weekend a month lately. Alas, just when I feel I may have found one I can call home, dilemma comes calling.

They've opened a premium position at work that would require me to work every Saturday and Sunday for the next six months. In return I get a boatload more money. I need the money. I'm tired of eating Ramen and my dog's ribs are showing. JK, don't call animal cruelty on me.

So the decision I have to make is, do I put my church family on hold for six more months to earn some extra money? This is the audience participation portion of the show, leave your comments below.

I'm stumped. Please help me unstump myself.

3 comments:

  1. I am having the exact same dilemma. Wish I had an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a service at work every sunday morning... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are your hours on sunday? our church has a 5pm? you probs work till 7.
    you could consider being in a small group with a church during the weekdays and catching the sermons online?
    orrrrr, i think heartland has tues night service...its a drive but community is worth it.

    ReplyDelete