Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peanut Turns One

When you work in the NICU you get to make life long friends. Not just with the fabulous women you work with but with the patients and their families who's lives you get to change. 

We see a lot of struggle, a lot of tears and a lot of sadness. So when we get the opportunity to celebrate we go all out! One of my favorite NICU grads is turning one this week. When his mommy said she wanted to have a celebration with his hospital friends, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to put my party planning skills to work. 

This birthday is a big deal. When peanut was born almost 15 weeks early he weighed only 1 pound and was 12 inches long. He went through more in his first week of life, including losing his sweet brother, than I have in all of my 25 years. He is truly a miracle. 

Theme: Dogs. Duh, what did you expect? 



These cupcakes were adorable and delicious!


Birthday boy, not so thrilled with the hat that I hand crafted for him :/ 



Not too sure about the cupcake either....
"Mom, where'd the frosting go?!?"




Peanut and some of his favorite NICU nurses :)





Happy Birthday Peanut, you've touched my life more than I ever could have imagined. I look forward to watching you grow for many years to come. 

2 comments:

  1. he's so BIG! i wish i could have come!! it was very nice of you to throw him such a lovely party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun. those cupcakes are insane!
    happy birthday little, guy.

    ReplyDelete