Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Hey There 25.....

Where did you come from? Snuck up on me a little bit there. Now that you're here I'm going to make my best effort to be friends.

It's official, I'm an adult. Before 25 I liked to pretend that it was okay to wear sweat pants in public and put my hair in ponies. Every. Single. Day.

Now that I've reached the halfway point in my twenties, I'm afraid I can pretend no more.

It's cool, I'm fine with being a grown up so long as some of my grown up birthday wishes start coming true. So you've got a lot to live up to 25. If I have to do my part and wear real pants then you have to deliver as well.

I'll be waiting, man of my dreams. Feel free to surprise me whenever. Don't worry I won't be expecting it.

As far as birthdays go, this one goes down as one of the better ones in recent history. I missed seeing my family but I had a lovely lunch, massage and dinner with lovely people. There was that one incident in which one of those lovely people caused me much humiliation with a beer and a man named Phil. Oh and this birthday crown made of chicken wire and decorated with olives. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment