Saturday, September 24, 2011

Can't Hurry Love

Yesterday was the first day of fall. It doesn't really count though because I was at work having one hell of a day. So today, I'm embracing the second day of fall. And by embracing I mean cozing up in my long sleeved sweater, sleeping in until 10 and rummaging through my cabinet for my favorite fall treats.

Homemade Chai Tea, NOT the same as Starbucks. 


I'll be making this later....

In between walking the doggies and napping I caught "Runaway Bride" on TV, twice. My question is, how did this woman find five men to marry her? I'm struggling to find one! I guess that's why it's a movie. At the end of the movie the Dixie Chicks sang their cover of "You Can't Hurry Love." It's like they are mocking me through the TV screen. Maybe I'm just bitter and jaded. It's true I suppose, as much as I would like to hurry love. My mama never told me though. In fact, these days it seems like I'm the one telling her.

"You can't hurry love, no you'll just have to wait.
You gotta trust in time, no matter how long it takes."

While I'm waiting, and boy am I waiting, I'll be basking in the gloriousness of this fall day. Maybe I'll take a swing on my new charming tree swing. Thanks Dad.


1 comment: