Saturday, October 8, 2011

DIY Kitchen Floor....ready, set, go!

I hate my kitchen floor. Sorry Natos, but it's true. I painstakingly scrub it clean on my hands and knees and it still looks dirty. So out with it I say. I decided I'd try my hand at tile work a few months ago. I'm crafty, I can handle it right?

So for a little guidance I attended the DIY Tiling 101 class today at the Home Depot. Amaze-balls to quote my sister. Ty from the Home Depot is my new best friend. It was an hour and a half class and I left with all the confidence I need to get the project done....now to find the time....hmmmm....

I'll keep you updated on my progress. It won't start until after this week as it's wedding mania (no not for me for my cousin). I'm super psyched.

After tile class I attended the volunteer orientation for Heartland SPCA. Formally, Animal Haven, it's now the county's largest no kill shelter and I'm super excited to start donating my time. I'm not sure what form my volunteer hours will be in yet but I'll keep you posted. If you're looking for a pet or know someone who is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider adoption. I got Eunice from Animal Haven and she rocks my world. Check out their website for more info. http://www.heartlandspca.org/

Overall a productive day. And I got to see my favorite almost one year old. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. blaahahahahaha...i hated it too! plus it's so dark. but whatevs. it's your house now!

    ReplyDelete