Monday, September 19, 2011

"Mommy, Why Do You Make Me Cry So?"

Have you ever had kind of a crap day, maybe you got into an argument with someone or had a hard day at work or watched your dog attack a helpless animal....oh wait, maybe that's just me. Anyways, you had a bad day and what do you want to do? In addition to put on sweatpants and eat "Cherry Garcia," call your MOTHER! I like to channel my inner three-year-old and run to my mommy when I'm feeling sad.

She picks up the phone and BAM! Cue the waterworks. It never fails, if I'm feeling even the slightest bit sad, I instantly start sobbing uncontrollably as soon as I hear her voice. What is it about our mothers that makes our body feel like it's okay to immediately turn into a blubbering fool? I feel bad for her really, I think she is starting to take it personally. On top of that she has to try and decipher what it is I'm trying to say in between my sobs and gasps for air.

I suppose it's a comfort level. You just can't hide crap from your mommy. That's why I know I can NEVER call her in public places for fear that I won't be able to hold it together. Must wait till I'm in the comfort of my pillow with my puppies surrounding me in comfort.

So thanks mom for letting me cry on your cell phone, I'm sorry, I don't know what it is about you that brings out my tears but thanks for understanding.

1 comment:

  1. that's what mom's are for.

    and side note...your mom loves it.

    ReplyDelete