Monday, February 20, 2012

A Late Valentine

A few days late my valentine arrived in the form of my mommy. Yes, I still call her mommy. She warms my heart. She brought the sun and took it with her when she left yesterday.

We had a great weekend, watched a movie (The Decedents, warning: a little bit of a downer) got pedicures, walked the dogs, and welcomed her to the 21st century. Yes, my mom got an iPhone! She even has a newer version than I do!

I was excited to help her with this and very impressed at how fast she picked it up. She has now realized that no, her fingers are not to fat to hit the right letter on the touch keypad, she can do this.

It wasn't without a little drama though. I had to remind her in a rather embarrassing display at the Apple store that she is worthy of the gifts that are given to her and that she should accept them with open arms and heart. She's just my mom and she wants to protect me, she wants to be the giver. Mom, when someone gives you a gift it's because they love you and you deserve it. I can't wait to see all the great photos you take with that awesome iPhone camera!

On the home front things have settled down. I'm trusting in God and following his plan like the little lamb that I am. I have no idea what the plan is but I take faith in the fact that my Shepard is not blind. We are taking one day at a time.

In the meantime it's February and raining. We had our first snow of the year last week and my little tulips are poking their heads out. Silly tulips, it's not time yet. I can't wait to see your smiling happy flowers in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. so i want to set you up with someone.
    the only problem is, he does like to hunt. LOL. but i mean, seriously, you being the animal lover, i thought this might present a problem. email me. we'll have you both over for din?

    ReplyDelete